Sunday, June 3, 2012

beach running

{My view at work today}  

The Lululemon blog is one of my favorite blogs to read for workout tips and motivating quotes.  A few weeks ago they wrote a post about beach running

I used to run on the beach a lot last summer during work, and I've always enjoyed it the most as compared to other running environments.  

Let's get one thing straight.  I HATE gyms.  I only step into one when I have to go to the weight room.  Other then that, I'd rather be swimming in a pool or a ocean, doing yoga somewhere gorgeous, or running in the woods or on the beach.

I haven't been able to run much lately because of some hip problems (thank you walking boot for three months), but today when a co-worker asked if I wanted to go for a run during work, I said yes.  We ended up running for four miles, and while my hip hates me right now, it was probably one of the most wonderful things I could have done today.

Beach running is unlike any other form of running in my opinion. You get to run barefoot and feel the sand between your toes.  Instead of iPod music you get the waves crashing besides you.  And there's the added bonus of getting to jump in the ocean after your run.  

Plus, can you really beat that runner's high?  


2 comments:

  1. what an inspirational post, im totally with you on never stepping foot into the gym unless its for weights. who wants to waste time indoors when you can be outside being active? sorry your hip hurts now, but i guess it was worth it :)

    Miyan
    www.miyan-overseas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think exercising outdoors makes my mind feel good as well as my body! And beach running is the best, it always leaves me feeling so refreshed :)

    ReplyDelete

i'd love for you to say hi! i normally try to reply to your comment here! xo