Thursday, May 10, 2012

only the good die young

Ev, it's been a few days since you died.  I still can't believe you're gone.  My heart hurts in a way I never thought was possible.  I wake up every morning and expect it to all be some terrible nightmare, but it's not.  When the news comes on, there's your face and I have to turn it off because I can't stand to listen to them talk about your death.  I haven't read the newspaper or any internet sites since your death because I don't want it to be true.

I'm going home for the summer a day earlier then I was supposed to, but for a reason I never imagined.  Your funeral's on Saturday and I know it's going to be the most emotional day for all of us.  Ev, there are going to be SO many people there honoring your life.  
I've always believed everything happens for a reason, but this is the one time in my life where I can't quite figure out what reason it is.  Why you?  Why now?  I'd give anything to have you back.  I miss seeing you on the quad.  I miss the "hey jackie" I use to get at dinner every night.  

I guess the only thing I can think of is that you brought all of us closer together.  You've made us all realize life is so short.  You've made us all lean on each other for support.  The entire campus has been somber since your death.  You literally were the light of the campus and now we're having trouble finding it.
You always wanted to unite everyone, and I think, somehow, you are now.  I just wish it didn't have to be like this.  

They say only the good die young.  They really weren't kidding.  
love you forever and ever.


No comments:

Post a Comment

i'd love for you to say hi! i normally try to reply to your comment here! xo