Sunday, August 28, 2011

{From the Past} Big News



{This week, while I move to another state and prepare to start college, I'm posting some of my favorite posts that I've written since I started my blog.  I hope you enjoy revisiting these with me.  I'll be back on Monday, 8.29.11! xo}

*This was originally posted on Tuesday, 12.18.10*

i made it to Florida everyone.
I'm just here checking up before I start my day.
The flight went by quickly last night!
We got upgraded to first class, which was a lovely surprise.

But what made my night even more lovely....
Was...
While standing in the Security line my mom got a call from our neighbor.
I knew my admissions letter from college was coming any day now, so my neighbor was instructed to read it to me over the phone, good or bad.
I really really didn't think I was going to get in.
Even though a was recruited to swim, I just didn't feel I was going to get in.

But over the phone last night, she told me
that I was accepted!!!

to my number one college!
the one I applied early decision to!
the one i fell in love with.
everything about it!
I screamed.  and almost cried.
i am so happy.

{note: screaming in the security line is not a good idea.  they will pat you down because of it}

i had a smile on my face all night.  and all day today.

in the words of my dad "i have never been prouder of you your entire life"
that really made me cry.

it's a great start to the holidays.
and now I can finally relax this bundle of stress i have become!
have a great day:)
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

i'd love for you to say hi! i normally try to reply to your comment here! xo