Monday, March 14, 2011

Hair Inspiration

Lately, I've been really wanting to make an effort to do more with my hair.
I usually do the same thing:  wash it, comb it out, add a little moroccan oil, and then let it air dry.  It usually ends up nice and wavy, which is awesome for when I have no time to do anything else.  If it ends up really crazy, which sometimes results from sleeping on it the wrong way, I'll put it up in a high bun.  If I have a ton of time and want to look pretty, I'll straighten it, but that really only happens on special occasions because I figure my hair already gets enough damage from the chlorine.  
However, I do want to try to learn more ways to have fun with my hair.  Whether it be a new way to wear it up, or something cute to add to it when it's down, I would like to try to spend more time focusing on hair styles.  Especially since I go to private school and wear a uniform, hair styles are really the only way to show you're unique.
If you aren't a member of Pinterest, then you should know it is a great place to build inspiration boards.  Instead of keeping photos from tumblrs, blogs, and internet sources all in different folders on my desktop, I add them to different "pin boards".  It's a lot like twitter or tumblring, i.e people can "follow" you and your boards, "like" different photos, and "repin" the ones they really like.
I have different boards, but one of my favorites is my "hair inspiration" board.  I've been pinning different photographs of hairstyles I want to try.  Here are some of the ones I especially love:


{From Top Left, across to the right, and down}
1.   How awesome is the back of her hair?  This would be interesting to recreate.
2.  I love how she makes glasses look sexy.  The headband plus the waves is the perfect look.
3.  I love this top braid.  
4.  A head wrap like this one would be perfect for when you just feeling like spicing up wavy hair.  I have one that could work.
5.  Zooey is of course my favorite.  But I love how something as simple as pulling the sides of your hair back can make you look sweet and special.
6.  Aren't these feathers wonderful?  I would love to recreate this look in the summer when going to a party on the beach.
7.  Ah, the messy bun.  Still my favorite go to look for days when I just don't feel like doing anything.


{From top left, to the right, and down}

8. Wavy, messy hair.  So cool and chic.
9.  The messy braid is wonderful.
10.  I love how the head scarf and sunglasses equal the perfect summer look.  All I need is a tan!
11.  The three mini buns tutorial can be found here! Such a great alternative to the top bun.
12.  I love how all of her braids are piled on high.
13.  This is one of my favorites!  A messy pony tail, with the skinny braid to make it unique.

Are you on Pinterest?  If you are, let me know in the comments!  I'd love to follow you.  Click here to check out some of my pinboards, or follow me!  Be warned- I love to repin everything I love and sometimes go a bit crazy when I have too much free time!
Whats your favorite hair style?
xo

3 comments:

  1. I love all the hairstyles!
    You have a great blog and I wondering if you want to follow each other

    My Lyfe ; My Story

    ReplyDelete
  2. i want all of this hair!!!! LOVE this post, it's amazing!

    xx
    ashley <3

    ReplyDelete

i'd love for you to say hi! i normally try to reply to your comment here! xo