Saturday, February 12, 2011

Spinach, Feta, and Tomato Quiche

I know I usually post recipes about baked goods, but I have to share this with you.
I've been a vegetarian for 3 years, and during those 3 years I have found that finding good meat free food is hard to find.

My mom made this for me this week and I fell in love with it.  It's filling and tasty.  Between the fresh veggies, the egg, and the feta, this meal is one that I feel good about eating.

Spinach, Feta, and Tomato Quiche


You'll Need:

For the Crust:
6 Sheet frozen Phyllo Dough, thawed
3 Tbs. Olive Oil
1 1/2 teaspoons sesame seeds

For the Filling:
10 oz frozen spinach, thawed with no liquid left
1/2 cup chopped red onion
1/2 cup crumbled feta
10 halved cherry tomatoes

For the Quiche:
2 eggs
1 cup skim milk
Pinch of nutmeg

1)  Preheat over to 350 degrees
2)  Spray a 9 inch pan with PAM.  Lay one phyllo sheet down.  Brush with olive oil and cover with 1/2 tsp. sesame seeds.  Repeat with remaining layers.
3)  Press the sheets into the pan and cut the edges.  In a bowl, stir the spinach and onions.
4)  Sprinkle the feta cheese on phyllo dough. Top with the spinach and onions.  Top with the tomato slices.
5)  Whisk the quiche ingredients together in a bowl.  Add salt and pepper.  Pour over the crust.  Set on baking sheet and bake for 45-50 minutes.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

i'd love for you to say hi! i normally try to reply to your comment here! xo