Sunday, January 30, 2011

Style Story Sunday- Number 18; Tribal Prints

Oh, what a busy weekend it was.
Friday night was the second year I have volunteered at a special fashion show to raise money to help buy less fortunate teens prom dresses.  It was a huge success {again} and a lot of fun to help out with.  But of course, by 11 PM that night, I was exhausted and my feet ached from wearing heels all night.  But it was for a good cause so it's okay:)
Yesterday,  my best friend nora came home from college because it was the opening of her mom's new school!  I know, a school!  She has an autistic brother, so her mom opened a new school specializing in special needs.  Since that's a cause dear to my heart, and since her mother's so sweet and I wanted to support her, I went with Nora to the open house!  Her mom did such a great job, and we talked about me possibly starting some yoga classes there! Yay!  
This outfit is from the open house yesterday.  


Sweater:  Madewell
Pants:  JCrew
Boots:  Lucky Brand
Necklace:  Free People

It's amazing, I've had this sweater since November, but I've never worn it.  I took it out yesterday, tried it on, and realized why I purchased it in the first place!  It's gorgeous.  And oh so warm.  I love the semi-tribal print it has going on.  The pants were a Christmas gift from my mom.  They are olive green corduroys.  Now normally I would never wear corduroys, but I'm starting to like them again.  These are tailored at the bottom, so they are similar to skinny jeans, and have a zipper at the ankles which will be perfect once it warms up {if it ever does}.  The necklace is my all time favorite.  Just going along with the tribal trend :)

Happy Sunday!
Coming up this week there will be a giveaway, a poem, and {hopefully if I can find some pictures} a fashion show post!
And a HUGE congrats to my Mama!  She's in Miami right now, where she has just completed her second half marathon!  You go girl! xo




1 comment:

i'd love for you to say hi! i normally try to reply to your comment here! xo