Monday, June 7, 2010

Choices

hey everyone!
i hope you all had an awesome weekend.
it's been in the 90s and sunny here, so I have been enjoying it to the full extent!

last night, after a day of sitting outside in the heat, my dad cooked us all lobster.
one thing you should know about me is I have been a vegetarian for the past 2 1/2 years.

it's been one of the best choices I have ever made.
I cut out all chicken, meat, and fish hardcore.
but last night, I had a sudden craving for lobster.
so I ate a little bit of it.

and I realized why I became a vegetarian in the first place.
I hate the taste of seafood.
and the texture of meat.

it just never sat well with me.  i'm so much happier with my salads.
of course today I had a terrible stomach ache since I haven't had seafood in so long.
but it was worth it.

because any doubts i've had recently about my vegetarianism are gone now.
i'm not saying a vegetarian diet is for everyone.
there's plenty of people I know who have tried it and it just hasn't worked for them.
but it was the best choice for me.

anyone, i was thinking maybe i'll post some of my favorite vegetarian/vegan recipes.
is anyone interested?

by the way, i need some help!

my best friend is graduating from high school this weekend.
we've both been interested in getting record players for quite some time.
i was thinking it's finally time to get myself one (and one for her too for her grad gift!)
has anyone gotten one that isn't a vintage one?

i've been looking at amazon/ ebay/ urban for some.
urban and amazon both have gorgeous look crosley players for prices that aren't too bad,
but the reviews on them are split.
some say they are great, while some say they are cheap.

amazon also sells califone players which have better reviews, but aren't as nice looking.

has anyone gotten either?  do you know of any other players?
thanks for the help!  
i'm trying to do research on this because I especially wanna get the bestie a good one! {without spending a ton of money of course!}
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

i'd love for you to say hi! i normally try to reply to your comment here! xo