Friday, January 1, 2010

Photograph Wall

i'm in love with taking photographs.
to me, photos can remind you of the amazing places you've been to, people you've met, and the person you've become.
i take one of my cameras EVERYWHERE with me.
you never know when there will be an opportunity to take a picture.

last night, in honor of the friends who are a part of my life and things i've done, i made a 2009 photo heart inspired by these photos:

Instant-photo-display
Instax-display
with these in mind, i created this:


IMG_15662009


2009


looking through the photos was a great way to remind myself of the good times i had last year (it feels weird saying that!)


then this morning, while going through some of the scenic shots i've taken, i had an idea.
i've always wanted to hang the gorgeous photos i've taken from places like costa rica and hawaii, i just never knew how to do it.
i didn't want to do the average framed thing so i came up with something else.
and i LOVE the way it came out!!


photo wall


photo wall


Both projects were super easy.
For the heart I selected the photos I wanted to use, printed them out in different sizes on photo paper, and taped them together in the shape of a heart. I hung it from the molding on my wall using clear jewelry string.


For the photo wall, i printed all the photos out with the same border on photo paper, and taped the backs to clear jewelry string. I hung it from the molding.


one day, I would love love love to have an etsy shop including some of the photographs i've taken. i love them!
:) xoxo have a great night!


p.s. i promise the music will change soon. i know you're all probably tired of the xmas music and i'll change it in the next couple of days when i get around to it! promise :)




5 comments:

  1. Ohmygosh! Those are both SO freakin cute.
    Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea!! Very creative and a gorgeous way to display a bunch of photos. Love the photo heart collage.

    xo Kinsey

    Kinsey Michaels: Sassy And Just A Little Outrageous

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love this! Might have to try one of these in my new place. ps. i answered your questions about sao paulo in the comment section. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your collage and pompoms! gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete

i'd love for you to say hi! i normally try to reply to your comment here! xo