Saturday, December 19, 2009

Florida Vacation: Day 1

we made it!
after waking up very very early
and taking the 2.5 hour flight
(which, by the way, i slept the entire time)
we made it to florida to spend the holidays with my family.
we're staying at my uncle's house
and not gonna lie the first day was very eventful

i've been going to the same place in florida (ft. lauderdale) many times a year since i was little, so we pretty much know our way around.  it's like my second home.
in fact, my parents recently purchased a second home close to my grandmother and uncle.
we're in the process of fixing it up, but it's nice to do the whole decoration thing.

anyway, after lunch at our favorite diner, my grandma and sister and i went into the little town of Las Olas to grab some ice cream and do some Christmas shopping.

then it was off to our favorite thai place for dinner!


how gorgeous is my little sister?!








lechee tea.... may just be the best stuff ever.








eating tofu... yes, i'm wearing a sweater in florida.  it was chilly!





loved the decor.


while i'm super happy to be here... i'm kind of sad i missed the historic snow storm thats happening back home right now.
14-21 inches of snow?  how many times does that happen?

oh well.   i'm thinking beach day tomorrow :)



this is how i look after getting 4 hours of sleep, waking up at 3, and then sleeping on a plane.
squished next to a girl who BLASTED miley cyrus on her ipod.
i'm sleepy.  can you tell?
night.

2 comments:

  1. Cute pics!
    I LOVE Ft Lauderdale. My Uncle lives there, and I always love going on vacation there.
    Thai food is my very fav, and I can't wait to get home to enjoy some!
    Have a great time with your fam!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks so much jessica!
    wow what a small world! ft. lauderdale is such a great place to go to! :)

    ReplyDelete

i'd love for you to say hi! i normally try to reply to your comment here! xo