It's no secret that summer is my favorite season of the year. I love sandy beaches, the smell of sunscreen on my skin after a day in the sun, and beachy hair. I'm going to be starting a new series that depicts my favorite summer essentials, including beauty, fashions, accessories, activities, and food. For this post, I'm going to showcase my current favorite beauty essentials for the summer.
My beauty regime in the summer is so much different then it is any other time of the year. I like the all natural like all year long, but I favor it more in the summer when I have no desire to put on a ton of makeup. I rarely use a blow dryer or straightener in the summer and instead favor my hair's natural texture. While I love the all natural look, hours in the sun, chlorine, and salt water can make my skin and hair dry and damaged.
1. Johnson and Johnson Baby Lotion: Being a swimmer, I've tried countless moisturizing lotions to relieve the drying and itching. Surprisingly, baby lotion is the only lotion that does the trick. I only need to put it on once a day and it leaves my skin silky soft (like a baby's!).
2. Moroccan Oil: When I spend so much time at the beach and in the pool, my hair get's really dry and frankly, not pretty. This oil is perfect for making it silky and smooth.
3. Clinique Waterproof Mascara: Mascara is the only makeup I'll wear in the summer. My lashes feel naked without it and it makes my eyes pop. There's nothing worse, however, then getting out of the water and having mascara e-v-e-r-y-w-h-e-r-e. This is perfect for those beach days when you want to look pretty wearing barely anything.
4. Clearasil Four Hour Acne Treatment: Wearing no makeup in the summer means you can't have huge, red pimples. This acne cream works fast. Like, really fast. It reduces the redness and makes the pimples less noticeable. That way, you can go makeup free with no problems.
5. Bobbi Brown Beach Perfume: I love the smell of sunscreen, because it reminds me of summer and the beach. This perfume is my absolute favorite because it's an exact replica of the beach.
6. Not Your Mother's Beach Babe Spray: The ocean is perfect for giving you those beachy waves, but if you don't live near the ocean or need a little boost, this spray is perfect. I spray it in after I put in the moroccan oil and it leaves me with silky smooth waves.
What are your favorite products for the summer? xo