Sunday, May 13, 2012

happy mama's day

{little me, my mama, and my baby sister.  notice my sister's massively large head in comparison to mine.}

if this past week has taught me anything, it's to tell the people you love that you love them now.  not tomorrow, not a week from now.  right now.

i'm beyond grateful for everything in my life, but i'm especially grateful for my mama.  
she's always loving, stern when needed, and will do anything for her daughters.

thank you, mama, for coming to visit me in college whenever i was homesick.  for picking me up in the middle of the night when i had the flu and didn't want to be in a dorm room anymore.  for coming with me to the funeral yesterday so I didn't have to be alone. 
thank you for coming to all my swim meets when i was in high school, for sending me homemade baked goods as care packages.  for cooking up the most amazing dinners {especially when i was a vegetarian and you had to make two meals.  hopefully now i'm a little easier for you}

thank you for coming to jcrew with me last minute when I had no clothes for my job interview.
thank you for being a shoulder to cry on no matter what the disaster was.  

thank you for all the times you yelled at me for being an idiot.  thank you for the late night phone calls worrying about me.  i know sometimes I get mad, but I know it's because you love me.

most importantly, thank you for turning me into who i am today.  if i could become half the woman you are, i'd be a happy person.  

i love you mama!! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

i'd love for you to say hi! i normally try to reply to your comment here! xo