Sunday, June 26, 2011

Style Story Sundays- Number 35: Neon Pink

The phrase "life got in the way" really comes to mind when i think of reasons why I've been M.I.A from the blog world.
I've started working full time at the beach, and even though I wouldn't trade my job right now for anything in the world, it's more then exhausting.
I also started early morning practice this week, so waking up at 5:30 AM and then practicing and going straight to working an eight hour day is a lot and takes some getting used to.
Don't get me wrong, there is something awesome about waking up when the sun is just rising and the world is so quiet.
There is something awesome about getting paid everyday to hang out on the beach and play in the ocean.
I come home smelling like a mixture of coconut sun tan lotion and salt air.
It really makes me thankful that I have this kind of life.

Anyway, that's an explanation as to why I haven't been around.  My nights are usually spent out with friends, either checking out live music, grabbing frozen yogurt, or spending even more time at the beach.  Don't worry, now that I'm use to my summer life, I'll be sure to plan ahead for the blog posts.

This outfit may be one of my favorites that I've ever put together!  The other night I went out for thai food with my best friend.
This is what I wore:


Sweater: Free People
Navy Tank: JCrew
Neon Shorts: JCrew
Shoes: Sam Edelman
Bag: Marc by Marc Jacobs
Long Necklace: Free People
Bird Necklace: Tiffany and Co. (gift)
Puzzle Necklace: Quicksilver Jewelry (gift)

I have a new obsession with all things neon lately.  I have a post coming up which shows you my obsession.  But seriously, how cute are these shorts?  If they weren't so expensive I would have gotten the neon yellow and blue JCrew has too!  It's been cool out at night here, which I don't mind one bit.  I love summery sweaters: warm enough to fend off the chilly breeze, but with enough holes to prevent you from feeling like it's January.  This one is no exception.  It's baggy and I think it looks awesome with the neon pink shorts.  It also looks pretty cool with the bright blue pendant rock necklace.  The two smaller necklaces I'm wearing hold a special place in my heart and were both graduation gifts.  The bird one was given to me by my sister.  She knows how much I want a feather tattoo, but since I have to wait until April of next year for it (due to swimming), she got me this as a symbol of my moving on and freedom in life.  The puzzle necklace was given to me by one of the women who helps out with my special needs yoga class.  The puzzle is a symbol for Autism Awareness and I love proudly representing the fact that I work with these sweet children.  It's great to be able to explain all about it when someone asks what the puzzle is for!

----

Have a great Sunday everyone!


1 comment:

i'd love for you to say hi! i normally try to reply to your comment here! xo