Sunday, March 6, 2011

Style Story Sundays- Number 22; Statement Jewelry

Happy Sunday readers!
I've grown to love Sunday's just a little bit.  I get to sleep in late, have a leisurely breakfast, go teach my yoga class, and spend the afternoon either catching up on work or doing whatever floats my boat before having Sunday dinner with my family.  
I like Saturday nights even more though, because it always involves good food, family or friends, and some fun activity.
Last night's good food came in the form of mac and cheese at my Dad's birthday dinner.
This is what I wore:


Leather Jacket: Michael Kors (Gift)
Top: Madewell
Tank under top: Madewell
Jeans: Theory
Necklace: Anthropologie (on sale!)
Shoes: Coach (on sale!)

I really love this look, if only because my hair actually looked good in my opinion.  My parents gave me the leather jacket for Christmas.  I have wanted one for a long time, and had searched and searched for the perfect one for forever.  You can't rush decisions like a leather jacket.  The leather on this one is soft and chocolate colored and it has a zipper, which is a huge plus.  I got the top and tank in the city when I went a few weekends ago.  I love the detailing throughout the front and sleeves of the top, which you can see in one of the pictures.  I don't normally go for nude colored clothing, but I was really drawn to this for some reason.  The jeans you have seen before, but the necklace is actually my pride and joy {no joke}.  I found this baby on sale at Anthropologie on black Friday for $5.  Yes, you heard me right.  I love how it's a statement necklace!  The crazy zebra shoes I bought maybe two or three years ago on sale at Coach.  You can't wear zebra shoes a lot, so maybe they weren't my smartest purchase, but boy when you can wear them, they are fun to wear!

---------

Today will be spent working on my paper and watching last night's SNL.  Then, my Aunt, Uncle and cousin who I haven't seen in forever are coming over for dinner.  We're celebrating Christmas.  Yeah, my family is a little behind.  It's all good.

Have a great Sunday! xo



 P.S Thanks for all the sweet birthday wishes for my Dad!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

i'd love for you to say hi! i normally try to reply to your comment here! xo