Monday, January 17, 2011

The Best of the Golden Globes 2011

Let me start by saying this:  I love award shows.
I love everything about them.
The dresses, the funny quotes, the cute moments, the long speeches.
The tears, the "oh no she didn't" one liners, the hosts, and the winners.
I love to just sit on my couch with some chocolate and a mug of tea and laugh and cry with the audience.

So here are some of the best, the worst, and the "I can't believe this just happened" moments that happened last night at the Golden Globes.

{if you're a twitter follower, this is a longer version of what I wrote last night}

1.  Ricky Gervais.  In the beginning, he was hilarious.  I loved his Charlie Sheen comments, and I actually thought he was going to do a great job hosting.  And then it went down hill.  Now, I think he's hilarious.  But he just got tacky and classless.  The jokes about the waiters being deported?  Not cool, Ricky.  I'm voting for Tina Fey and Steve Carell next year.  And I can't wait for Anne and James at the Oscars.  They'll keep it funny and classy, for sure.
2.  Natalie Portman.  I know, she was the frontrunner all along.  But I was so happy to see her win Best Actress.  I saw Black Swan and she was incredible in it.  And I loved her speech.  "He totally wants to sleep with me".  My mom and I both cracked up.  As for the dress, I know a lot of people hated it.  But I secretly {or not so secretly} loved it.  I think she pulled it off completely and looked absolutely stunning.
natalie portman, viktor & rolf, golden globes, best actress, black swan
3.  Chris Colfer.  When he won his award, I cried.  He looked so genuinely surprised and happy, and to me that was so refreshing.  I got major chills, and I really just wanted to give him a hug because he deserved it so much.
4.  Brad and Angie.  Need I say more?  They are so a gorgeous couple, and I love Angie.  Those moments that the camera caught where she was fixing his tie, or had her head on his shoulder, were priceless.
Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt walk the red carpet at the 2011 Golden Globe Awards
5.  Robbed.  I'm sorry, but Inception was robbed big time.  I didn't see The Social Network, so for all I know it could be amazing, but still, Inception and Leo were robbed big time.  As was Black Swan.  And as much as I love Glee, Modern Family should have won hands down.
6.  Best Dressed
Besides Natalie and Angie {who were stunning}, these are my best dressed:
dianna agron alex pettyfer globes 03
sandra bullock 2011 golden globe awardsolivia wilde 2011 golden globe awards
mila kunis 2011 golden globe awardsemma stone 2011 red carpet golden globe awards 02
anne hathaway 2011 golden globe awards

They all looked like princesses last night!
Okay, I'm off to finish studying for my two midterms tomorrow.
xo

what were your favorite {or least favorite} moments of the globes?
all photos via google search

2 comments:

  1. angie and brad cannot possibly be human. they are so beyond perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so funny. i didn't even know the globes were on!
    which is crazy because i live in LA, you'd think i'd be hearing all about it

    i recently decided to leave acting and have fully pulled myself away from all things "business" related... it's the first year i haven't payed attention to the awards.. a little weird for me :)

    ReplyDelete

i'd love for you to say hi! i normally try to reply to your comment here! xo