Thursday, December 16, 2010

Oh Hey Christmas

So the month of December has flown by and it's hard to believe that there's is only about a week until Christmas.
Honestly, this year has been hard for me to get into the mood because of all the stress of college decisions.
But I'm hoping I find out soon so that I can finally relax.

Tomorrow's my last day of classes before I get two weeks off for break, which is making me really happy.
While I haven't exactly been in the Christmas spirit, two things happened this week that woke me up to reality and reminded me that it really is the best season of them all.

We have a door decorating contest at school to see which homeroom can decorate the best door.
I'm usually in charge of my room's design and for the past two years we have won, so there was a lot at stake this year!
I think it turned out pretty well :)


We decided to do a Charlie Brown theme!  I love how adorable it looks!  Here's hoping we win.

On Tuesday I woke up to a good inch of snow on the ground.
While it may not seem like a lot, it's was nice for it to finally feel like we were getting something out of this frigid weather.
Seriously, it's been crazy cold and windy.

It's going to snow!
the gorgeous morning sky


Gotta love surprise mornings.
The funny part was, my town was the ONLY town that got snow.
When I got to school, they had literally nothing on the ground.
Crazy!

I won't be seeing snow for awhile - tomorrow I leave for Florida.
Last year I spent Christmas in Florida, and this year I am too.
I can't wait to spend time with my Uncle and Grandma, go to the beach everyday (It's 70 degrees there!), and go to my all time favorite hot yoga studio!

Plus, my parents bought a house there the last time I went down in April.
It's right on the canal and it needed a lot of work, but my mom completely redid the entire place and I'm so excited to see it for the first time!
I plan on doing a lot of shopping to get my room all spruced up!  I can't wait to show pictures :)

I'm off to go back, but I'll be sure to post from down south!
xo


No comments:

Post a Comment

i'd love for you to say hi! i normally try to reply to your comment here! xo