Friday, December 10, 2010

Life is an Adventure




I'm not perfect.
I never say I am.

I "fail".
A lot.

You don't even want to know how many great ideas I have that seem like such great ideas at the time but then turn out to be really silly ones.
I don't have enough fingers on my hand to count the number of times that I've had those "what was I thinking" moments.
In fact, they happen a lot more then one would think.

But, even during the times that I am a "failure", I don't regret it.
I try not to live with many regrets.
Sure, there are a few things I wish I had done differently in my life, but I never really regret my past choices.
I did them because they were right for me at the time.
Because that was who I was.
And sure, looking back I may now realize that that wasn't exactly the best choice for my happiness.
But I choose to do what I do for a reason.
Sometimes you have to make mistakes to figure out what is really right for you.

I put "failure" in quotation marks because I don't see the things I have succeeded in as failures.
I try to live by the idea that it is 
better to try and to have fallen then to have never tried at all.

i try to see every mistake as a learning experience.
i try to experience as many new things as I possibly can.

If it doesn't work out, then fine.
I try to get too worked up over it.
I don't regret it.
And I certainly don't consider myself a failure because of it.

I try to think of any pain and hurt in my life as little reminders of the adventures I have been on.

Life is short.
If you really want to do it, it's worth the risk.  


 

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”

Mark Twain
---------

in lighter news, i'm so happy it's friday.
this weekend is going to be full of holiday cheer, good food, yoga, and friends.
and a lot of sleep.
xo


1 comment:

  1. Hey, I just stumbled across your blog! This post is great - what a good outlook :)

    ReplyDelete

i'd love for you to say hi! i normally try to reply to your comment here! xo