while reading one of my favorite blogs, A Cup of Jo, I came across this website which featured frozen chocolate covered bananas with a variety of toppings.
when i was younger, my mom use always make these for us, but instead she would put them on popsicle sticks.
i decided to make the bite size kind this afternoon!
the best part about these treats is they can use whatever toppings are in your kitchen!
i used coconut, graham crackers, and toffee.
they freeze within a few hours and are nice and cold for a super hot day
it hit 102 today!
here's my version of the recipe
about 1 bag chocolate chips or 2-3 large chocolate bars
1) melt 1 bag (2 1/2 cups) chocolate chips or 2-3 large chocolate bars in a saucepan over simmering water. do not microwave. chocolate does burn!
2) slice bananas into 2 inch slices.
3) spoon melted chocolate onto banana.
4) dip in toppings. using a spoon, sprinkle topping over remaining areas.
5) lay finished bananas on parchment paper.
6) freeze for 2-3 hours.
7) bananas can stay in the freezer for about 2 weeks.
yum yum yum!
p.s giveaway is open until Friday!