Thursday, March 11, 2010

Blog Award!


thank you, thank you to the lovely chelsea for giving me my first blog award ever!

i must tell you 7 random things about me... so here we go!

1)  i can eat an entire cantaloupe in one sitting.  and an entire watermelon.  i love them that much.  then, of course, it looks like i have a watermelon for a stomach, but whatever.

2)  i've been a vegetarian for 2 years.  and everyone always asks me why i decided to, but really, there was no reason.  i never liked meat that much (although i ate hamburgers 3 times a week and loved shrimp), but one morning woke up and decided to give it up.  cold turkey.  i ate fish a for about a month after and gave that up too.  now my reason is for my health and animals, but then i was just because i felt like it!

3) i have four main scars.  well, i have more but these are the ones that i remember. 
a)  i got 32 stitches across the left side of my forehead when i was 7.  i was holding onto my dogs leash while standing on my front porch.  she saw a squirrel.  she ran.  i flew down the porch stairs and face-planted onto the cement walkway.  not pretty.  i'm pretty sure the big crack in our walkway is from me.
b)  i have a tiny scar on my right thumb from when i closed my hand in my locker.
c)  i have a scar on my right shin from when i cut myself while scuba diving.
d)  i have the scar on my stomach from when i had my appendix removed in november.

4)  i eat an apple or pear every single day at lunch.  i believe an apple the day keeps the doctor away.

5) i have the amazing ability to trip over my own feet and walk into things.  every.  single.  day.

6)  i went to catholic school for 9 years.  i'm not catholic.
i'm protestant.
(and no, i didn't have nuns!)

7)  i love surfing.  except i haven't done it in forever.  
but i learned in california.  

okay, now i'm passing it to 7 of my favorite bloggers!


xoxo


4 more days left of the Purple Monkey Giveaway!
enter enter enter :)

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on the award!! I loved your random things...
    a whole watermelon? that's quite impressive!
    i have lots of scars too... for a while, i hated them. but then i realized that scars are just evidence that we survived things.... part of the story of who we are :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. my mom went to catholic school and totally had nuns:) her stories are so funny! thanks for thinking of me love, you are such a sweet sweet friend. you always make my day:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's your day! You have another surprise from me on my blog. Hop on over to check it out. I hope you accept! You're adorable!


    Rachael
    itssimplelove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for the award lady! you're so sweet :)

    ReplyDelete

i'd love for you to say hi! i normally try to reply to your comment here! xo