My boss at work gave me a version of this recipe two weeks ago and I finally got around to making it last week. I made a few tweaks and it turned out perfectly. I couldn't have asked for a better dinner and I can't wait to make it again.
Your choice of pasta
One pound of shrimp
Two (big) handfuls of arugula
1/2 cup pine nuts
1/2 cup olive oil
2 cups of cherry tomatoes
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
Three cloves of garlic
1/4 stick of butter
red pepper flakes (optional)
- Marinate your shrimp in whatever marinade you want. I did lemon and lime juice and salt and pepper. Marinate it for around forty five minutes, or longer if you have the time.
- Sautee your shrimp in 1/4 a cup of the olive oil, the juice of one of the lemons, the butter and some salt and pepper.
- add in the garlic and tomatoes
- turn off the stove and add the arugula (when it's still hot so the arugula wilts)
- toast your pine nuts and add those
- mix in the pasta
- add the rest of the olive oil, the juice of the lemons/ lime, salt, pepper, and the red pepper flakes as sort of a "dressing"
- top with parmesan cheese if desired.
um, yum! xo