Saturday, March 24, 2012

The Hunger Games

the-hunger-games-soundtrack-expected-to-debut-at-number-one
At midnight on Friday morning, I went to see The Hunger Games like just about everyone else in the world did.
The thing was, I had never read the books.  In fact, up until about four or five days beforehand, I had no desire to see the movie.  For all I knew, it was about a bunch of people in an eating contest.  


The thing about college, however, is that you're with people constantly.  From the walks to class, to class, to meals, to before bed, to in the library, your friends are with you all the time.  So when they say things like "I'm going at midnight to see.... wanna come?" of course automatically you're like "yeah!" without even really listening to what the movie title was.


That's how I ended up off campus on Friday morning.  And while I have never read the books, let me tell you.


That.  Movie.  Was.  Friggen.  Amazing.
{I'd say best move ever but Harry Potter edges it out just slightly.  Just slightly people."


I'm not joking.  I cried three times, including walking out of the theater partly because I didn't want it to end.  And this is coming from the girl who didn't even read the books.  Imagine how my friend Kate, who had read every single one multiple times, was acting.  If you need me this weekend, I'll be reading every book in the series.


Did you see the movie?  If so, what did you think?



P.S Sorry for my lack of posting.  This weekend we'll have recaps of my Spring Break as well as a March Favorites post as I get back into blogging round 300.  xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

i'd love for you to say hi! i normally try to reply to your comment here! xo