Thursday, January 20, 2011

Simple Oatmeal Sugar Cookies

My neighbor is a huge baker like I am, and is constantly bringing over recipes and treats for me to try.
These are my all time favorite sugar cookies.
They're simple to make and amazing.
I thought I'd share them with you.
I don't have the exact recipe, but these are pretty similar, just take out the cinnamon and vanilla in the recipe they have.

You'll Need:

1 1/2 cups oatmeal 
1 cup flour
1/2 cup margarine
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup fine sugar
Powdered Sugar, for dusting

1)  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2)  Whip the butter until fluffy.  Add margarine to the butter, and combine.
3)  Add the oatmeal, flour, and sugar.  {if you want, you can add cinnamon and vanilla, but I think it's fine without it}
4)  Make tablespoon balls of the mixture, and place 2 inches apart on a cookie sheet
5)  Flatten balls with your palm
6)  Bake for 10-12 minutes.
7) Take out the oven, and let cool.  Once cool, sprinkle with powdered sugar.

yes, i did put this on the lid of my tea.  it tastes amazing with tea.

Enjoy!

And don't forget about the giveaway!  it's still pretty empty.... and awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment

i'd love for you to say hi! i normally try to reply to your comment here! xo