Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve

I can't believe it's Christmas eve.
Tonight, as I sat around the table, laughing and enjoying the time with my friends and family, I realized the most important gift that I have been given at Christmas is the opportunity to be with those I love.
Even though I'm not spending the holiday at home, and even though it won't be a white Christmas, the opportunity to spend it in Florida with my grandma and uncle is what means the most to me.

What would make it better would be if my other family could be here, but since they can't, we will call them tomorrow and wish them a merry christmas.

There's just one person who we won't be able to call.
For those of you that haven't read long enough, or just don't know, last year my grandpa died.
He had been sick with diabetes for a while, but his death was completely unexpected.
He called me on a Friday night and told me he loved me and was proud of me.
I didn't think anything of it, but told him I loved him too.
By Sunday he had had a major heart attack and was in a coma.
He died that Thursday night in February.
We were so close.  I miss him everyday.

I'm not meaning to make this a downer post.  I love Christmas.
But I want to remind everyone to say I love you to those who are at your dinner table tomorrow night.
I would give anything for my grandfather to be at one more Christmas dinner.
His jokes and smile lit up the entire room.

I posted this last year and I thought I'd post it again.
It honestly makes me cry every time I read it.

The Christmas Poem
I see the countless CHRISTMAS TREES around the world below 
with tiny lights like HEAVEN’S STARS reflecting on the snow. 
The sight is so SPECTACULAR please wipe away that tear 
for I am spending CHRISTMAS WITH JESUS CHRIST this year. 
I hear the many CHRISTMAS SONGS that people hold so dear 
but the SOUND OF MUSIC can't compare with the CHRISTMAS CHOIR up here.
I have no words to tell you of the JOY their voices bring 
for it is beyond description to HEAR THE ANGELS SING. 
I know HOW MUCH YOU MISS ME, I see the pain inside your heart 
for I am spending CHRISTMAS WITH JESUS CHRIST this year.
I can't tell you of the SPLENDOR or the PEACE here in this place 
Can you just imagine CHRISTMAS WITH OUR SAVIOR face to face
I'll ask him to LIFT YOUR SPIRIT as I tell him of your love 
so then PRAY FOR ONE ANOTHER as you lift your eyes above.
Please let your HEARTS BE JOYFUL and let your SPIRIT SING 
for I am spending CHRISTMAS IN HEAVEN and I’m walking WITH THE KING.

-----

Christmas always reminds me to cherish the family you're with, and to love every second of it.
I know the holidays with family are stressful.
But I love every minute with my crazy, loud, family.
I really do.

Merry Christmas Eve!

No comments:

Post a Comment

i'd love for you to say hi! i normally try to reply to your comment here! xo