Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Rhodes, Greece

after athens, we boarded a cruise ship to head to mylos, greece.
however, due to a strong wind storm and the inability to dock, we went straight to rhodes.  

rhodes is one of my favorite places ever.
it's gorgeous medieval town is the home to numerous little shops.
the architecture is stunning.
it also is home to gorgeous rock beaches, and unbelievably blue water.

the archway leading into the city
The entire island is protected by these walls.  








We spent the morning walking around the town.  We purchased some homamade Olive Oil soap from a little shop in town, and leather bracelets at a little boutique owned by two Greek sisters.

The evil eye is a symbol for the Greek culture, and we saw it everywhere we went.  




In the late morning, we went to two of the local beaches.  At the first one, it had soft sand and a gorgeous blue ocean.  It was about 30 minutes outside of the main town.  We could walk out so far and the water was nice and warm.  We spent about two hours there before heading back into town for lunch.  
After a lunch of greek salads {which have no lettuce!}, we walked down to the beach.   This time, the sand was made of rocks and the waves were much bigger.  I was the only one that swam in the ocean that time, but it was much dirtier so I got out soon.

My Dad and sister decided to go back to the ship around 3:30, since it was very hot.  My Mom and I continued to walk around the town.







We purchased two necklaces with the evil eye on it from a local jewelry shop.  I learned my mama is quite the bargainer!  

rhodes, you will always hold a special place in my heart.
tomorrow is another favorite
patmos!

in this post
tshirt- jcrew
shorts- jcrew
shoes- rainbows
sunglasses- ray ban

yesterday's post: athens, greece

2 comments:

  1. Looks Gorgeous! :)
    I am glad you're having a great time! :)

    http://annawalker1992.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to go Greece someday. This photos are beautiful! It seems like you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete

i'd love for you to say hi! i normally try to reply to your comment here! xo