Monday, June 14, 2010

6 Months

oh hi...

this weekend I had my first day(s) of work.
i worked 9-5 both saturday and sunday
at my new job.

i'm a lifeguard.
sitting in a stand for 8 hours every day and swimming in the 58 degree water.
getting stung three times by jelly fish, getting cut on a jetty, and bruised by a kayak.
having it start to rain with two hours left on the job and sitting in the rain because one family decided they just didn't feel like leaving.

hey, at least i'll be on the beach all day almost every day!

anyway, it's june!
since it's half way to the end of the year (wow) i thought i'd go back to the resolutions i made at the beginning of the year and see what i've accomplished so far!

1)  start an etsy shop
not yet... i should work on that this summer!

2) go to two amazing concerts
i plan on going to Jack Johnson in July... so now I have to find a second!

3)  fill up 2 art journals.
i haven't worked on it a lot at all.  

4)  learn to knit.
or this either....

5)  take more pictures
yes!  i have been doing this!  and i love it :)

6)  travel
i went to Florida, Pennsylvania, and Paris so far, and I'm going to Greece and Turkey in August!

7)  bake 100 new things
100's a lot... i have a lot to work on....

8)  paint more.
i did this a lot in art class!  

9)  focus more on my yoga practice.
this has taken a back seat... but I plan on focusing more on yoga this summer!

10)  make my swimming comeback
i've been working really hard.
i came back since my surgery, but also had another surgery and a major sickness since then.
but i'm working hard!

11)  redecorate my room
sort of happening...

12)  volunteer more
i've been volunteer teaching the disabled yoga class i love!

13) make someone smile everyday
i like to think that i do!


14) sew a wearable garment
eh....

15) host my first giveaway
yes!  i did this!  and then hosted a few more!

16) do something i'm scared to do at least once a week
i've done a lot of scary things since then!

17) develop a better sleep pattern
sometimes....

18) run another half marathon and do a distance triathlon
i ran my second half in may!  
maybe i'll do a distance triathlon this summer!
19)  get rid of the negative things in my life
i'm working on this ;)

20)  discover some new indie bands
love this!

21)  take more pictures with my diana f+
i need to learn to develop them...

22) become a certified lifeguard
yes!  i have a job too :)

23)  organize organize organize
i organized my room last week!

24) Buy more handmade/vintage
 i'm trying to!

 i've done a lot more then i thought i did!
coming up this week on the blog...
June Playlist
Things I Want to do This Summer

xoxo

2 comments:

  1. hello sweets, i actually got my record player at target! it's a crosley, and i've had it for a while. (crosley record players are absolutely amazing) i just checked, and target still carries it, it's actually on sale right now! http://tinyurl.com/293x9o5

    i eventually want a traveler's turntable, but honestly i love mine SO much. i've never had a problem with it, records sound beautiful on it, and i can plug my ipod or macbook into it if i want to use it as a stereo. for such an great price, you get a gorgeous record player! everyone i know who has it, absolutely loves it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely goals and resolutions! You have an adorable blog!! :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete

i'd love for you to say hi! i normally try to reply to your comment here! xo