Sunday, June 21, 2009

Father's Day!


Hey, Hey, Hey!  Happy Father's Day Everyone!  I hope you're all celebrating with your dad's.... I did, in a not expected way today.  But that's okay!  Because now that I work part time for him I spend almost every day with him.  Ha!

Anyway, this weekend was interesting.  Not in the creati
vity front, I didn't really have time for that, although right now I am working on a water color piece.  But more on that tomorrow.... today's all about:

The CONCERT!  Which was amazing.  Jack's Mannequin played my favorite songs, like La La Lie, Dark Blue, and Crashin'.  I loved how the band drank beer while singing (which made it super casual) and made it feel really indie and like we were in a small night club, not a huge venue like PNC.  

The Fray was the highlight, however.  With super sick lighting and effects and amazing vocals, the entire crowd got into songs like How to Save A Life.  They got the crowd to their feet!

We had awesome seats, about 15 rows from the stage.  My camera died before the Fray went on (of course...) BUT I did get some sweet pics of Jack's Mannequin, as promised.  

And, of course, my gorgeous Fray t-shirt
I love concerts like that.  Where you can just close your eyes and sway to the music sometimes and then dance around for others.  The crowd was really fun and the weather was gorgeous.  70 and sunny!  We haven't had that in a long time and we probably won't get it again for a while.  

Last night I had movie night with my good friend Kait who I have known since I was little.  I love that girl.  

So... I love celebrating days like Mother's and Father's day.  I gave my dad something I made myself, a cheese platter made out of a wine bottle melted in a kiln.  I love giving creative gifts I make myself.  

But, today wasn't spent with the family by the pool while cooking BBQ.  I normally don't go into stuff like this on this blog, but I want to because I need everyone who reads this to pray for my uncle, who has a 6 year old daughter and had a heart attack last night.  Today was spent with my family at the hospital.  He's doing great now, but I was a scary morning because three months ago my grandfather died of a heart attack in Florida.  Today is obviously a hard day for my family as it is the first Father's day without him, so my uncle's heart attack made it very hard, especially for my aunt (my grandpa was her father) and my grandma.  So even though he's doing a lot better, a quick prayer would be much appreciated : ).  

Okay, heavy stuff is over with. Sorry guys!  Just wanted to let you know so that in case my blogging is sporadic over the next few days, you know why.  

Phew.  Okay, here's a funny clip to make everyone feel a lot better!  Have a great Sunday everyone!  




No comments:

Post a Comment

i'd love for you to say hi! i normally try to reply to your comment here! xo